Tuesday, April 19, 2011

{outfit} baby i ain't got no plan


welp. i'm back.

it's pretty much officially spring, now. there's not much in the way of green, but the sun is coming out on a regular basis and the snow is almost gone. close enough. and hence: pictures. hopefully, i'll have a little more variation here than i used to. this is probably my first time wearing actual print (let alone more than two primary colors!) as a main clothing article in at least a month or two. it's interesting, that as my interest in fashion as a more global, interactive trend waned, my actual creative impulses re: clothes picked up again. maybe i'll actually keep this up, this time.

i have been caring less and less about whether other people see my skin, lately. shorty-shorts, low-cut (front or back) tops that show my bra, short skirts. i used to worry more about it, to be concerned that people would judge me. it's a lot less socially acceptable for a "bigger" girl (which, what the hell? i'm not even that big, but when it comes to the fashion community...) to show skin (and by extension, fat) than it is for skinny girls. which is, in my growing opinion, total bs. i feel comfortable in my body, and i feel comfortable showing it. there's more to aesthetics than skin and bone - just one version of universal beauty is way too limiting for me.

though, on the flip side, i have been really liking the maxi-lengths as well. i found an absolutely lovely long mesh skirt that i want to share sometime soon, and i want to get a few long casual dresses for the summer if i can. i like to run the gamut, is what i'm saying. no judging on either end of the spectrum, just pure awesome.

basically: DEAL WITH IT.

dress by forever 21. blouse by j. crew. shoes by coclico. sunglasses are generic drugstore and necklace was gifted.

1 comment:

  1. Cute dress! That dress from Forever 21 looks great layered with the pretty multi-coloured striped top. It is not any big deal to have ones bra or panties showing - the lingerie as outerwear trend is still very much in vogue!
    In fact, I model and review full brief panties styled with various tops on my blog, in my YouTube videos and in some of my Tweets onTwitter.
    The long mesh skirt also sounds very pretty. I am sure you have styled some lovely outfits featuring it.

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete